No wonder the world decided to sort the rubbish that residents throw out, and some of them for the wrong sort can get a fine. Why adopted such laws in the developed world? The reason is simple: many types of waste decompose for a very long time, or the decomposition cause irreparable harm to the surrounding environment, which is why they are destroyed or processed in a special way. We present you a timeline of decomposition in different kind of household waste.
- 1 1. Animal droppings — term decomposition 10-15 days
- 2 2. Food waste — the period of decomposition 30 days
- 3 3. Newsprint — term decomposition 1-4 month,
- 4 4. Leaves, seeds, twigs — term decomposition 3-4 months
- 5 5. Cartons — term decomposition 3 months
- 6 6. Office paper — term decomposition 2 years
- 7 7. Board — term decomposition 10 years
- 8 8. Steel cans — the period of decomposition 10 years
- 9 9. Shoes – period decomposition 10 years
- 10 10. Fragments of brick and concrete — term decomposition 100
- 11 11. Auto batteries — term decomposition 100
- 12 12. Foil — term decomposition more 100
- 13 13. Electric batteries — time of decomposition 110
- 14 14. Rubber tyres — term decomposition 120-140
- 15 15. Plastic bottles — period decomposition 180-200
- 16 16. Aluminum cans — the period of decomposition 500
- 17 17. Steklo — term decomposition more 1000
1. Animal droppings — term decomposition 10-15 days
The least harmful debris that can be seen on the streets of small towns and villages, but it gives a lot of trouble to the residents.
2. Food waste — the period of decomposition 30 days
Potato peelings, scraps of meat and all that remains edible after cooking can be attributed to this kind of garbage. Still not that dangerous.
3. Newsprint — term decomposition 1-4 month,
Before throwing the newspaper on the road, think about what else the whole 4 months the residents of your yard will enjoy trampled in the dirt the paper.
4. Leaves, seeds, twigs — term decomposition 3-4 months
If the parks are not cleaned of natural debris utilities, soon the people would go through the mountains of branches and leaves.
5. Cartons — term decomposition 3 months
Quite harmless waste if you throw it in the trash cans.
6. Office paper — term decomposition 2 years
Yes, imagine. It’s all in the composition and density: the paper is made specifically to documents printed on it had the ability stored for a long time, that does not leave without attention, unfortunately, the period of decomposition.
7. Board — term decomposition 10 years
The usual boards which are used on construction sites. Of course, if they are not subject to any processing (for example, the impregnation with fuel oil).
8. Steel cans — the period of decomposition 10 years
Like planks, cans from the stew or condensed milk will rot in the ground for another 10 years after you throw them under a tree in the forest.
9. Shoes – period decomposition 10 years
Everything of course depends on the composition of the Shoe and the extent of its deterioration, but the average shoes leatherette will decompose tenth century.
10. Fragments of brick and concrete — term decomposition 100
Specifically, the debris that every developer loves to bury under a Playground in the yard. True, enough often make. Maybe this is justified: as “Stalinka” are already 80 years old.
11. Auto batteries — term decomposition 100
Such debris, which is more profitable, of course, recycle. Because for 1 used battery (20-25 kg) can be sold for about 500 rubles.
12. Foil — term decomposition more 100
However, despite the fact that the thickness of the iron leaf less than 0.5 mm, it is very much compressed. So do not throw away the packaging of its meat products in the campaigns.
13. Electric batteries — time of decomposition 110
Here the role played not just time decomposition, but the damage to the environment that damages the lithium battery, oxidized. Many charities fighting for the purity of the planet, I propose to save the batteries, so they came and took them from you.
14. Rubber tyres — term decomposition 120-140
Rubber is one of the most sustainable materials. Fortunately, when you replace the rubber on the SRT, most of the drivers leave their old as a gift, or for a nominal cost there. A clever holders of the service rent it later for processing.
15. Plastic bottles — period decomposition 180-200
Plastic is also highly dangerous and toxic, not to mention the fact that is not very nice to look at roadsides, strewn with empty plastic bottles of Coca-Cola.
16. Aluminum cans — the period of decomposition 500
Almost the most dangerous trash. Long decomposed, emit harmful substances during oxidation, prevails on our planet.
17. Steklo — term decomposition more 1000
As it is already crammed in our places, no one knows. Just think about it: the Millennium! At least another 12 to 15 generations will enjoy our pieces.
Friends, let’s begin to protect nature?